who we Are
About World Camp, Inc
World Camp is a 501(c)3 registered non-profit and international non-governmental organization (NGO) providing holistic humanitarian support services that question the traditional models of many development solutions.
World Camp works collaboratively to develop and implement educational, humanitarian and environmental solutions in disadvantaged communities worldwide. Our programs focus on locally challenging issues and advocate community-based solutions with an emphasis on human potential. World Camp channels resources from the international community to meaningful projects that mobilize youth, local leaders and community members to deliver positive social change.Mission:
World Camp enriches the lives of children in disadvantaged communities worldwide. World Camp builds self-worth and encourages community pride by raising awareness about locally challenging issues. World Camp aids in every community's mission to have happy, educated children with aspirations for the future.Vision:
World Camp creates lasting change in disadvantaged communities by developing innovative, sustainable systems that are community assets. We see our work as a testament to a belief that by helping people come together we can envision and build a better future. To do this, we engage individuals through local and regional projects, unique curricula and instruction, community partnerships, and service.Approach:
- We EDUCATE individuals and communities on issues surrounding HIV/AIDS, health, environmental resources and equality through interactive lessons and outreach projects in classroom and community settings.
- We INSPIRE individuals and communities to take action and implement support mechanisms that address the needs of vulnerable children, families and communities.
- We CHANGE the way communities manage their resources by raising awareness of challenging issues, improving social infrastructure and providing sustainable solutions.
- Education – Empower individuals and groups with educational opportunities that encourage self-guided, positive changes that protect personal health, community health and the environment.
- Community Outreach – Garner community support and maximize our impact by fostering a collaborative approach to solving challenging issues.
- Healthy Living – Protect, care and provide support to the most vulnerable and extend the response of prevention through the dissemination of information.
- Equality – Increase advocacy for changes in sex-related values, beliefs and practices. Change negative attitudes towards women, girls and people living with HIV and AIDS.
- Culture and Diversity – Promote a culture of understanding that enables the international community to work on development and conservation projects. Increase the debate and discussion of values, beliefs and practices which influence social change.
world camp in action
Get In Touch
World Camp, Inc
157 S. Lexington Ave.
Asheville, NC 28801