Communications and Development Manager
Are you interested in working for World Camp? We are hiring a part-time Communications and Development Manager! If you are in Western North Carolina and meet the other qualifications listed, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9:00 am July 6, 2015.
Are you a World Camp alum with experience in fundraising but not located in WNC? Contact us!
Founded in 2000, World Camp’s US staff has remained small but powerful over the past 15 years. The incoming C&D Manager will function largely independently. Therefore, the right candidate for this position will have to be highly self-motivated and goal-driven. That said, your co-workers are smart, diverse, and adventurous.
World Camp is looking for an experienced Communications and Development Manager to head fundraising and promotional activities both locally and online. Primary development tasks will be grant writing and operating special events. Primary communications tasks will involve social media, creating printed materials, and website management. Some minor administrative work is also included.
The C&D Manager’s immediate supervisor will be in Malawi during the fall, so the right candidate is a quick learner, an efficient worker, and very good at meeting deadlines. This is a great opportunity for someone interested in shaping all elements of an organization’s development strategy.
This position pays $15/hour for up to 20 hours each week through the end of the year with the possibility of increased hours and pay in 2016 following a performance review.
We are looking for someone that is available to begin immediately.
Essential development skills (at least one is required, both is preferable)
- Successful grant writing experience
- Organizing successful fundraising events
- Basic Salesforce to manage (and grow!) our donor base
- Quickbooks to enter donations
- Direct mailing management including crafting beautiful, informative mailings as well as managing the logistical elements
- Crowdfunding campaign management that motivates people to act
Preferred communications skills
- Managing a Facebook page to share exciting developments with our network
- Blog writing and/or posting (Blogger) to share more in-depth the work World Camp is doing
- Dreamweaver to maintain our current website
- Basic understanding of HTML
- Photoshop to create powerful printed materials, clean web materials, and more
- Fielding and directing inquiries
- Email management – liaising with Board and Malawi office
- Google apps
- Highly self-motivated
- Skilled and savvy communicator
- Highly collaborative
- Developed sense of aesthetics
Successful experience in the nonprofit world is a must
International experience, particularly in low-income countries, would be helpful. Understanding of international development would also be highly beneficial.
Some in-town driving maybe required.
Get In Touch
World Camp, Inc
157 S. Lexington Ave.
Asheville, NC 28801